Swimming is rage nowadays, and devices are invented and designed to track swimming activities. The swimming activity trackers give data to monitor the activity progress, and it keeps you on the right path. The device tracks the duration of your activity as it measures the distance, speed, and pace, heart rate, calories burned, etc. Tracking, helps you to improve and to see progress makes you feel confident about your workout. It will coach you to the real results, and you will constantly learn. You may live life setting your fitness goal every day, then track it, and achieve it.
Fitbit Flex 2
The all-new Fitbit Flex 2 is an ultra slim, swim-proof fitness wristband. It tracks steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes. There is no screen to show you the data or messages, so you need to download an app on your phone to track everything. Data can be easily synced/tracked by phone.
It tracks how long and how well you sleep. It is designed to work whether you are showering, running in the rain, and swimming in the pool or beach and beyond. This removable tracker is concealed in bands, bangles, and pendants allowing you to wear it fashionably and comfortably.
The discreet progress display uses color-coded LED lights to keep you connected to calls and texts, and it reminds you to move. It also lights up to show progress toward your daily goal. The device gives notification through unique vibration patterns on your wrist.
It features challenges in the Fit bit community that you and your friends can enjoy. It includes food log where you can key in what you ate and monitors your eating activities. The device also features a durable and a lightweight band that doesn’t cause allegoric reactions.
- Waterproof pebble.
- The design is very stylish like a piece of jewelry.
- The slim and five-light design is very minimalist yet informative.
- It has silent and effective vibrations for alarms and notifications.
- The band is durable and easy to snap on.
- Extremely lightweight, not bulky.
- It’s a fun way to remind yourself to be more active.
- Can’t track progress without syncing with your phone application.
- Swimming at a slower pace might not get tracked accurately.
- The band might be still too long for your wrist.
- It only tracks when your arms are continuously moving.
- It also doesn’t track when you don’t swing your arms.
- The battery life is not very long.
- Stained very easily because of the band’s light color.
Huawei Band 2 Pro All-in-One Activity Tracker
Huawei band 2 Pro is a 5ATM water-resistant band that can support an all-day wear under the rain, swimming in the pool or beach. It is easy to set up, and it comes with a charging cable without an adapter and you need to charge it via USB or purchase of Micro USB charger is suggested.
The device serves as a heart rate sensor, a GPS positioning device, a fitness tracker, a sleep monitor, and a message notification device. Once paired with your smartphone which makes it an ideal companion, the band will provide you with valuable health information. This device allows you to have a better understanding of the intensity level of your routine.
The Huawei band 2 Pro features a built-in GPS and a continuous heart rate tracker that monitors your heart rate and tracks your workout routes with your phone. It includes a scientific sleep tracking that keeps track of the light, with deep and REM stages to make your sleep truly restful, which is PMOLED displayed.
Take in the professional running coach with just one press, and you can start the workout app instantly and get a data such as a recovery time and Vo2 Max. Take in also the very comfortable and functional watch on the wrist. The screen orientation of the watch is horizontal, so you don’t have to turn your wrist in awkward ways.
The Huawei band 2 Pro also features a single charge that gives you 21 days of normal usage. Workout mode can last 4-5 hours, per second, with HR monitoring plus GPS on.
- Waterproof up to 165 ft., >IP67. Suitable for snorkeling and swimming.
- Long battery life. Can go on 21 days without charging.
- Monitors your heart rate while swimming through Apple Health integration.
- Suitable for snorkeling and swimming.
- The device displays daily, monthly, and yearly stats for summary.
- It’s lightweight that you hardly notice it’s on your wrist.
- The Huawei band is fairly accurate with its GPS.
- Not for the hard-core fitness tracker.
- Instruction includes the band should not be used in diving.
- The screen is too small to read while working out.
- The display is much pixelated; sometimes it’s hard to read.
- Not advisable to use when hot showering.
- The software is basic and a little limited.
- There is a single button, which is hard to press.
TomTom Runner 3 Music GPS Fitness Watch
Capture every minute of your day with GPS Fitness Watch, a 24/7 activity tracker with a multisport functionality. The device is waterproof sports watch that tracks all activities such as running, biking, treadmill running, gym workouts, indoor cycling, and swimming. It is designed to monitor your fitness activities in details.
The GPS Fitness Watch allows you to see real-time metrics like pace, distance, speed, and calories burned with just a glance to your wrist. Keep motivated with all the musical motivation you need while working out and push yourselves with the advanced training modes included.
The device features a waterproof storage of up to 500 songs that you can listen to while working out. It includes wireless Bluetooth sports headphones which give you comfort in listening to your inspirational playlists. The wireless Bluetooth sports headphones are sweat and weatherproof having contoured ear hooks.
It can last up to 6 hours, and you can pair it with your runner 3 and phone simultaneously. Take in and train like a pro with the advanced training modes such as Interval Training, Training Zones, Race Mode, Recovery Indicator, etc. The GPS Fitness Watch also features a route exploration.
Discover new routes and never run the same route twice. Aside from that, you can also enjoy the advanced features such as 24/7 activity tracking, phone notifications, waterproof up to 40M and the customizable straps.
- Good for people who don’t like running with their phones.
- Waterproof up to 40M.
- Can last up to 3 weeks in non-GPS mode.
- Can last up to 5 hours with the GPS and music on.
- It displays small graphics of routes on the watch.
- It includes many and advanced features.
- Accomplishments of the day can be seen precisely.
- Features are less compelling than watches with smartphone integration.
- Battery life might not last long with the GPS on.
- The clock resets to military time every time you charge it.
- You can’t turn the shuffle off for any playlists added.
- Might lack premium features.
- You must purchase external monitoring tape for HR monitor.
Withings Activité Pop – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
Take a glance at Withings Activité Pop, a water-resistant watch, and tracker for an update on your workout status at any point in your day. Using Bluetooth, all your data, including calories burned, steps taken, and distance walked, ran, and swam, will automatically be uploaded to your Health Mate app on your smartphone.
The Health Mate app offers fun programs which help you to keep the workout going. Also, the device automatically detects when you are asleep. It keeps track of the light and deep sleep cycles, the number of awakenings, and the total duration of sleep. You will need not of any dedicated cable or dock as it works on a standard button cell with the battery life lasting up to 8 months.
The Withings Activité Pop is a water-resistant device with up to 5 ATM (50 meters – 150 feet). It records the duration of the swimming activity, the calories burned while swimming, and converts it into steps. It features fun to wear materials such as the smooth silicone watch strap and the PVD-coated watch case.
Be awakened every morning by the silent alarm with a gentle wake up vibration. Just tap the glass to check the alarm time. This doesn’t give a hard time in snoozing and stopping a loud alarm. Take in the free health mate app for real-time coaching and sharing. The app programs with activity badges include a Leaderboard, Healthy Reminders, and Activity Insights.
- It is accurate in terms of time in the pool.
- Can be used for snorkelling.
- It is a fitness product that receives automatic firmware updates.
- The device doesn’t need constant recharging on a daily basis.
- It is not bulky nor obtrusive than any watch.
- The wristbands are changeable/replaceable with some cute colored options.
- You just see a duration, not a stroke count.
- No backlight available.
- The battery life notifications from the app can be inaccurate.
- There is a problem with the accuracy of time.
- The vibration alarm might not be enough to alert you.
- The functions to upload might be too slow.
- The alarm can’t be stopped and it kills the battery.
Suunto Ambit3 Sport HR Monitor Running GPS Unit
Push your limits on the water, on your bike, or in the trail with the Suunto Ambit3 Sport – the Multisport Experience. It performs all the standard watch functions such as time, chronicle, timer, etc. The Suunto Ambit3 Sport is the multisport tool to become the best you can be.
It is something that looked like a normal watch but can serve your workout requirement. It tracks your fitness activities and it it’s a great tool for improvement. It tracks both swimming distances in both ocean swimming or just in the pool.
The product uses Suunto Movescount App for voice guidance during exercise and workout planning. With the app and website Strava, you can see all the data from your workout, relive, and share your experience online.
The Suunto Ambit3 Sport delivers speed, distance, heart rate, and many more, through Suunto Apps. GPS is used at open water, and it uses internal sensors and pool length to calculate swimming distance. You can download a variety of training programs you can watch from the website.
The product features its one of the most competitive battery hours in the market which can track for 100 hours with 1-minute accuracy. It records your heart rate from your swims through the Suunto Smart Sensor. The watch picks up GPS signal and heart rate monitor in seconds, and it finds HR signal within 3 seconds.
- Reliable GPS device in extended swim time.
- Reports accurate laps in the pool (with Garmin).
- Gets heart rate while swimming.
- Excellent watch for triathlon training.
- The watch is comfortable and stylish.
- Lightweight and easy to calibrate.
- Good battery life.
- Pretty large for a female wrist.
- There are no vibrations for notifications.
- Settings can only be changed from the app or website.
- The watch’s notifications do not work on an android phone.
- Pairing Bluetooth and phone might take a little longer.
- The Suunto app might take a little time to figure out.
- Problems during syncing may arise.
Huawei Band 2 All-in-One Activity Tracker Smart Fitness Wristband
Dive into becoming a better you with the Huawei Band 2 – All-in-One Activity Tracker. The Huawei Band 2 is a smart fitness wristband that provides a multisport experience.
The Huawei Band 2 is a 5ATM waterproof device, good for tracking swimming activities. It supports all-day wear under the rain, in the swimming pool, and elsewhere. The product features a scientific sleep tracking that keeps track of the light.
Take in the dynamic, continuous, automatic heart rate monitoring and the operating system of the device which is Android 4.4+/iOS 8.0+. The device also features a professional running coach that can guide you on your run. With just one press, the app will start instantly and will provide workout data.
- Gives you data-driven insight into performing better and staying healthy.
- It continuously monitors your heart rate all-day, every day.
- It shows a detailed outline of results each day.
- The Huawei Band 2 is comfortable and long lasting.
- It lasts longer than a week with the HR turned on.
- Provides a general bar chart for weekly and monthly data.
- It has a touch sensor as opposed to a button.
- The device is not very high resolution.
- It does not work unless you install HuaweiWear.
- Might not track distance accurately when running.
- Problems about pairing might arise.
- Software issues might be encountered.
Waterfi Waterproof Fitbit Charge 2
Monitor your progress in achieving your fitness goal every minute, hour, and day, with the Waterfi Waterproof Fitbit Charge 2. It tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, heart rate, and the new cardio fitness score. Analyze your fitness throughout the day, and measure the quality of your rest at night.
The product can be taken anywhere, making sure that all of your favorite underwater efforts and other activities are realized. Be guided and know exactly where you have been with the new connected GPS. Get encouraged in your future fitness goals with the Charge 2’s hourly reminders to get up and get moving.
It calculates a number of factors and measurements resulting in your Cardio Fitness Score. Gain insight and optimize your training through it. The score enables you to know where you are on your fitness journey.
The Fitbit Charge 2 features a platinum waterproofing technology very ideal for tracking underwater activities. It’s ready to be fully immersed and submerged underwater down to 30 feet (IPX8 compliant). Other than that, the product has a larger tap enabled screen.
With the bright OLED, the device displays your fitness stats with new clarity. Take in the rechargeable battery life that lasts up to 5 days, making all day tracking a possibility. Allow yourself to style your waterproof Fitbit Charge 2 with the easily interchangeable bands.
You can interchange the bands whether for the gym, for the pool, and you may even dress it up for your night outs. The Fitbit Charge 2 also features the Calorie Coaching where you can see the calories in vs the calories out and the Stationary Tracking.
The Stationary Tracking motivates you through an hourly goal. Lastly is the Fitbit Dashboard. You can personalize your goals and see stat details about your daily habits and progress.
- Might have an inaccurate reading of the swimming progress.
- It might not give an accurate count of floors.
- It doesn’t track swimming laps.
- Might stop working early.
- It does not offer “swim” exercise mode.
- The lens is plastic.
- Might fell off easily from your wrist.
Garmin vívosmart HR+ Regular Fit Activity Tracker
Track your activity location with the Vivosmart HR+ – The regular fit activity tracker. The activity tracker is designed not only to count steps, monitor calories burned, and track the floors climbed and intensity minutes. But, it uses GPS satellite to track where you jog or walk, and how fast and how far it is.
View your stats and swipe and tap to see more on the “on sunlight readable” touchscreen display. There are also notifications that include email, text, social media alerts, and more, the device offers. It directly syncs with the Garmin Connect mobile app.
The mobile app can be your source of meaningful digital insights such as daily motivation and healthy tips. These feeds can be acquired when the Garmin app is paired with a compatible smartphone. Also, the product when paired with a smartphone can control music.
Vivosmart HR+ features a GPS integration which gives you an accurate data on your location where you do fitness activity. It includes Move IQ which automatically tracks your walking, running, biking, swimming, and elliptical training.
The device is waterproof for up o 50 meters, can be worn in the shower, pool, and beach. Take in the 24/7 heart rate monitoring. Other than that, the product features the Garmin connect where you can save, plan, and share your activity with other users to challenge and compete.
- Gives you precise data about how far you’ve travelled.
- Waterproof for up to 50 meters.
- The device has built-in GPS.
- Good battery life. Can last up to 4-5 days.
- Great features included.
- You can ring your phone with the Vivosmart Hr+.
- Comfortable to wear.
- The screen might be fragile and scratches.
- The brightness and contrast are not that impressive.
- Bands are not changeable.
- The HR tracks the average heart rate, not the current.
- No backlight available.
- Might be very thick and bulky.
- Syncing and software problems may arise.
Garmin vívoactive Black W/Heart Monitor
With the Garmin Vivoactive Black with a heart rate monitor strap, you can view your fitness activity stats even when away from your smartphones. It is waterproof and GPS-enabled for swimming and all other fitness activity plus golfing.
GPS signal picks up is fast. Count in the sleep tracking, vibration alerts, text alerts, calendar, and the weather reports watch. The product is compatible with the Edge 305Hr and the Edgecad, and it has built-in sports app that you will enjoy.
The Garmin Vivoactive Black features a heart rate monitor strap that tracks and records your heart rate while working out. The heartbeat per minute is wirelessly transmitted to the Forerunner 50. Other than that, the heart rate monitor provides instant feedback about how hard your heart is working.
Battery life will last up to 3 weeks for watch/tracking mode or up to 10 hours with the GPS on. Garmin Vivoactive Black can be customized with free watch designs, widgets, and apps from Connect IQ Store. Other feature includes the three data fields on the screen that you can see at once, and each screen is customizable. There are time, pace, speed, distance, HR, etc, that you can customize.
- Waterproof. Ideal for swimming.
- Super fast GPS.
- The data and watch faces are customizable.
- Good battery life.
- No issues regarding Bluetooth pairing with your smartphones.
- Effective reminder tool for getting up and get moving.
- No sound options. Vibrations only.
- No built-in HR monitor. It is separated by a strap.
- The placement of the “setting” widget cannot be adjusted.
- The screen is sometimes unresponsive.
- The display is not as bright with the backlight on.
- Lots of scrolling in getting the vibration strength adjustment.
- Might not track miles accurately.
Garmin vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
Play all the sports you love with water-resistant Vivoactive Hr. The product is a GPS smartwatch with Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Vivoactive Hr allows you to run, bike, swim, golf, ski, and more, using its built-in accelerometer and GPS. It tracks your heart rate in water, but you can’t access the heart rate monitor while you’re swimming.
Heart rate data is available for review after you’ve completed your swim activity along with the calories you burned. The product also measures swimming laps by strokes.
You can sweat all day without your phone, but the Vivoactive HR alone. You can add life and style to your color touchscreen device by downloading free custom watch faces, apps, and many more. Download at the Connect IQ online store.
The Vivoactive HR features a sunlight –readable color touchscreen with high resolution. It has 24/7 heart rate monitoring through Elevate wrist heart technology; giving you heart rate monitoring all day and night without an additional strap. You can pair the device with a compatible smartphone and set any notification from your mobile phone.
- Water resistant up to 5 ATM.
- The device is easy to start, stop, and view data.
- It uploads to the Garmin Connect fast.
- The screen is readable outdoors.
- The laps by strokes measurement are accurate.
- Battery lasts about 8-12 hours with the GPS on.
- The heart rate monitor is reliable and accurate.
- It might not accurately record your yardage/meters while you’re swimming.
- The screen is hard to read in low light.
- The band might cause an allergic reaction.
- The user interface is less than intuitive.
- iPhone app might not be as user-friendly as other apps.
- It might not track your sleep accurately.
- Time might be hard to see with the GPS on.